SLVEC's Mission is:
to protect and restore the biological diversity, ecosystems, and natural resources in the Upper Rio Grande Basin by balancing ecological values and sustainable human needs.
SLVEC has directed its organizational energies to meet a diverse range of environmental and related threats and challenges within modest budget parameters.
The San Luis Valley Ecosystem Council (SLVEC) is a 501C3 nonprofit corporation incorporated in 1998 by a group of citizens concerned about impacts to public lands around the San Luis Valley in Southern Colorado.
We believe in the power of education, stewardship, community involvement, and public advocacy. If you would like to get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (719) 589-1518.
Protect Our Water
Douglas County Meetings on RWR Proposal
1. Monday, January 24 at 1pm – Colorado Water Law
2. Monday, January 31 at 2pm – San Luis Valley Water Impacts
3. Monday, February 7 at 2pm – San Luis Valley Economic Impacts
4. Wednesday, February 23 at 9am – Environmental Impacts
5. Monday, February 28 at 1pm – Front Range Impacts
6. Saturday, March 26 at Ski Hi Park -- Meeting in the San Luis Valley --- CANCELLED
Latest Project News
Douglas County is considering a proposal from RWR to take 22,000 acre feet of water from the San Luis Valley per year!
Watch the video below to learn more.